The quizzes are linked to the material covered during the lesson. They typically have 10 questions that are valued at 3 points each, and occasionally extra credit questions. Extra credit questions are most frequently vocabulary from the reading and not announced in the review notes. Extra credit points are added to the points earned on the subject matter up to but not exceeding the total points available on the quiz.
This is a typical quiz and it contains 10 questions worth 3 points each. You should be prepared to explain concepts like but not necessarily limited to these:
- Know how to
DESCRIBEa table or view in both databases.
- Know what an optimistic network connection is, and how it works.
- Know what a pessimistic network connection is, and how it works.
- Know the acronyms, like DML (Data Manipulation Language), and so forth.
- Know the difference between hierarchical, networked, and relational databases.
- Know how to open, close, view, and manipulate a session log file in the various databases studied.
- Know how to explain and run a batch or script file in the various databases studied, inclusive of specific syntax.